FAQ (Frequently asked questions) (1)
1.) What is the Clover POS?
- Please visit clover.com to learn more about the Clover POS
2.) Will Smart Online Order work if I don't have a Clover POS?
- No, this application requires that you have an activated merchant account with a Clover POS
3.) I have a retail store, can I use the Smart Online Order plugin instead of the Woo-Commerce Payment Gateway?
- Its highly recommend to use the Woo-Commerce Payment Gateway if you own a retail store, because the Smart Online Order plugin was specifically designed for restaurants. Here is the Woo Commerce Payment Gateway for Clover
4.) I want some quick installation instructions?
- Install the Smart Order for Clover plugin from WordPress, then go to Clover.com from your computer, install Smart Online Order, re-launch the app to get the API-Key. Select import items, Wait for your menu to sync. Then go to store settings and make any changes. Search Youtube for tutorial videos.
5.) Does Smart Online Order work with Clover GO?
6.) I don’t have a WordPress Website, will Smart Online Order still work for me?
- Yes, we will make you an Online Order Page, which you can link to.
7.) I'm already accepting Online Orders, how do I login to my website to make changes:
8.) Need more documentation and help articles in regards to Smart Online Order?
9.) The Customer name, address, and pick-up time is not showing on printed receipt for Online Orders?
10.) I need a basic overview of how Smart Online Order works.
- Complete Setup Instructions – This video covers everything Already installed plugin and needs to know what to do next? – Then watch this video
Also, search “Smart Online Order” on Youtube
11.) How do I change the cashier's name on the printed receipts for Online Ordering?
12.) How do I link my Wix website to my Smart Online Order?
13.) One of the apps is not working correctly on my Clover?
- Check your internet or try rebooting your Clover
14.) The Scheduled orders are not showing on the website.
15. How do I reorder items for online ordering?
16.) Will Smart Online Order also work for retail?
- Yes, you can also use Smart Online Order if you have a retail store. The only limitation is that if you are using modifiers to determine the size or other options – you won’t be able to know how many different size or options was sold as modifiers aren’t deducted from inventory. Furthermore, it does not print shipping labels. We highly recommend using our Woo-Commerce Payment Gateway if you have a retail store. See here for the Woo-Commerce Payment Gateway Plugin
17.) Where does the money get deposited?
- All orders and payments are sent directly to your Clover. It will get deposited into your current Clover merchant account.
18.) I don't have a website, can you make me one?
- Yes, of course. Please call us so we can build you a custom website which will include Online Ordering. 925-234-5554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
19.) I have multiple locations, is this possible?
- Yes, of course. We have helped many businesses that have multiple locations. We help you every step of the process. Please call us if you have any questions
20.) There is a specific feature I'm looking for, how do I know if it has this feature?
- Please call us and we can tell you if the feature you are seeking is available: 925-234-5554
21.) Ok, I installed the plugin and the Smart Online Order App - any other tips or information I should know and learn?
- Here are instructions on what to do next https://youtu.be/GGGm22D-f0M
If you prefer a quicker video, kindly click here.
Then do the following so it prints to the Clover POS https://youtu.be/7kmotlookJQ
For additional documentation please visit: docs.smartonlineorder.com
If you still have questions or need assistance please give us a call or send an email 925-234-5554
22.) The Online Orders are not printing or I'm getting several copies printed to my Clover Devices
Also, try the following:
- Open the Help App on your clover Device
- Press the 3 lines on the top left, choose Diagnostics
- Press Connection Status
- Do you see any reds? If so, call your internet provider or reboot your router.
23.) How do I setup Delivery Areas for my Online Ordering?
24.) I’m getting a partial payment or split pay for online ordering
- https://youtu.be/88hiNs1S3wg https://docs.smartonlineorder.com/article/79-what-are-partial-payments-and-how-do-i-handle-them
25.) How do I log in to my Smart Online Order Page?
26.) How do I link my Godaddy website to Smart Online Order?
27.) On my Online Ordering Page, items are not getting added to the cart.
- https://docs.smartonlineorder.com/article/84-what-could-be-preventing-items-from-getting-added-to-cart https://docs.smartonlineorder.com/article/85-wp-engine-cache-exclusion-for-checkout-page